Increasing incomes in farming communities
Better Grain is a British company headquartered in London with international operations in Europe, Asia, and North America. We currently focus on two crop areas – rice and guar – and are now adding more crops to our portfolio. We work with our partners to provide them with complete end-to-end sustainable supply chain solutions.
At the very core of the global agribusiness system are farmers and farming-dependent communities. They work tirelessly to produce crops without which the rest of us could not survive. Sadly, many millions of farmers, particularly in low-income regions, suffer considerable losses due to inefficient supply chains, lack of access to capital and technology, and limited availability of extension services.
Better Grain organises a wide range of direct farmer engagement activities, including:
- Operating full-fledged contract farming programs
- Conducting farmer training workshops
- Ensuring farmers earn the highest possible prices for their crops
- Ensuring farmers are always paid on time, with no unfair deductions at the time of purchase, and no withholding of payments
- Providing farmers with high quality inputs like seeds and pesticides
- Monitoring progress and providing direct farmer assistance throughout the crop lifecycle